Thursday 11 June 2009

_ _ _

Indian people DON'T understand the terms 'office' and 'colleagues' !! Or at least the ones in my office don't. Certainly don't.

About 2 months back, there was this girl who joined office. Lets call her 'A' for the time being. She used to call me दीदी. And not the entire दीदी; used to be just दी. Ewww ............. And she called a few other guys (more or less my age) भईया !! (Can't write that properly. Something wrong with the Devnagri font tab). Its an Office, for crying out loud!!

And since this week, another girl 'D' has joined। All that she has told me about her is that her name is 'D' and she is from some small town in Maharashtra. And she is so country !! And why am I expected to give her parental guidance?

Why? Why does this happen to me? Why do I end up meeting "absolutely country people" where ever I go? This is positively disgusting!

P.S. The reason this post is not titled is because I am too irritated to think of a suitable title for such irritating events in office!

2 comments:

scritic said...

Well, things could be worse! e.g. your colleagues could be really obnoxious rather than just "country" (whatever that means).

Maitreyee said...

Yes. I know things could be worse! Thats what I have been telling myself and ignoring the madness.

P.S. I don't think I know you...